Performance and Pledge Prizes
Everyone who registers by May 1, 2012 receives a free Dandelion Run performance T-Shirt, a free Dandelion Run Poster, and a free, introductory, two week membership at IROC (Out of towners can use this while you are here for the run or at any other time you want.) Additional prizes for performance and for pledging are being added every week until the day of the event. Here’s what we have gathered so far:
We take seriously the spirit of the Dandelion Run: Just for the Fun of It. And our performance prizes are offered in that spirit:
- Hand made dandelion crowns fresh from the world famous dandelion fields of Derby, Morgan and Holland and a photo commemorating your achievement.
- Cedarwood Medals (“woodals”) provided by Papa’s Woodshop and Memphremagog Press.
- Various sized jugs of freshly tapped Vermont maple syrup from Couture’s Sugar Shop and B&B to help remind you why you run – so that you can eat a pancake breakfast every now and then.
- Fresh Beef Jerky from Brault’s Meat House in Troy, VT
- Last One Back to the Barn Award for true “fist in the face of reality” attitude and extraordinary perseverance. (You don’t have to be last to win this award, just a stubborn cuss.) This award is a complete set of the work to date of Howard Frank Mosher, personally autographed by the author himself. (And if we can’t find him, we’ll get somebody else to sign these damn books.) Click here for more info.
- For the Fun of the Run Award to that participant who best reflects the spirit of the Dandelion Run and this glorious time of year.
- Most Mature runners and youngest runners will also receive special awards.
- Biggest family and furthest traveled from home to the event also receive special recognition.
High Pledging Prizes
On the other hand, this is a charity run, and cash is king!! We have some wonderful rewards for high levels of donations. Many of our runners are already using the Support Your Runner section of the web site to invite friends, families, and employers to donate in support of their run. All donations go to sustaining IROC’s Healthy Changes Initiative, an exercise program for people suffering from diabetes, obesity, or heart disease and the Orleans County Victims Assistance Fund. All donations made in support of a particular runner from whatever source (whether by the runner or by others) are tallied up and counted toward the High Pledge awards. They also qualify runners for our special thank you rewards listed in the next section. Here’s how it works. High Pledge gets first choice of the following rewards. Second highest pledge gets second choice, etc.
- Enjoy the best glade skiing in North America at our very own Jay Peak with a a four pack of lift tickets provided by Jay Peak Ski Resort.
- A variety of equipment and apparel provided by Louis Garneau.
- One year family membership at IROC.
- Louis Garneau equipment and apparel.
- A wide variety of additional “pledge prizes” are being collected and will continue to be added right up to the day of the event.
Pledging Rewards for All
We are also offering a wide variety ways to commemorate your participation in the Dandelion Run based on additional pledging (above the minimum pledge). Why? Because our mothers taught us to say, “Thank You” especially to strangers bearing gifts and cash. We appreciate your generosity and we are happy to welcome you to the Dandelion Run. Here they are, with additional pledges (above the minimum), you are qualified for particular thank you gifts:
- Specially made Dandelion Run Water Bottles $25
- Additional Dandelion Run Performance T-Shirts $35
- Dandelion Run Baseball Hats $35
- Dandelion Running Jacket $150
- Last One Back to the Barn Award (Yes it can also be bought) $1,000
If all of this “donation” talk is just not for you, that’s fine with us. We hope that you will enjoy your run, enjoy your time in the heart of the Northeast Kingdom, and return for many years to come. Your participation in this event means a lot to us. It also means a lot to the “Next Generation” of runners. This event has already inspired a whole group of kids to stretch themselves, lace up their running shoes, and go for the gold – the gold of our world famous dandelion fields of the Northeast Kingdom in May!!! How great is that?